Monday, July 30, 2012

Day one experience of the 80 ways card game...

I daydreamed all day about buying new slippers for the night's fun...doing dishes by candle light while listening to music, wearing comfy slippers, and dancing. There was even a moment in my day when I used company resources to browse the Target website. There were some super cute slippers and the ones I would have considered were Hello Kitty. As I was driving home I realized I actually had a pair of Hello Kitty slipper socks received as a Valentine gift. Bonus! No extra trips or delays to dance and do dishes. I know, I know. That is a warped idea of fun but I am really serious about going 80 days here gang.



When leaving work each day I phone Hubby to check in and hash out any schedule changes. Tonight Hubby had plans to reheat some left overs from this weekend's BBQ. Actually his words were, "You'll be home soon. I will wait for you." I insisted he could go ahead and start with out me since I would be home shortly. He of course insisted on waiting. Now my female mind instantly went into overdrive and thought, "Huh! That butthead is going to wait for me to get home to heat the food and serve him." That's why he was so insistent on waiting for me to get home. I got home and was pleasantly surprised. Hubby began reheating the food all on his own. Pleasantly surprising the woman in your life is always a good thing fellas. Remember that.

Dinner is done and the guys have gone to their respective caves. Hubby has school work and the boy is enjoying whatever raunchy comedy show on his own TV. There are only a few dishes but enough to accomplish my Day One card task. I slipped on my Hello Kitty slipper socks, lit my spicy PartyLite candle, turned off all the lights save the TV and the light over the stove, and plugged in my headphones. I haven't listened to my music in a long time. Not sure why but I don't' typically have the occasion to I guess. But I chose Blue October and immediately started bopping around by the sink and began the dishes by candle light. And I had fun! I was alone in my own music bubble listening to the raw new age tunes and dancing. Shaking my groove thing, yeah! Yeah!

Ok, I want to catch up on my food shows. I can hardly wait to see what fun tomorrow's card will bring!



No comments:

Post a Comment