Monday, July 30, 2012

Enjoying the world in 80 days...or something like that.

I love to shop. I love to get great deals. I love to shop where I can get great deals. My favorite place to part with money is at Macy's. Sometimes though, I am actually shopping for a short list item that would cost more at Macy's than I am willing to spend. Bed sheets are one of those items. When those types of items end up on my short list I usually spend some time shopping in Marshall's, TJ Max, Ross or Home Goods. 


While hunting for sheets at Marshall's yesterday I took a moment to wander down the discount aisle.  Among the broken frames and open boxes of stationary I found a small box filled with 80 "idea cards." Upon closer inspection and reading the caption on one of the cards I figured I could use a little fun in my day. A focal point to be accomplished by days end. It's not that I don't have enough to do in a day since work is pretty focused and home life is pretty chaotic at times but I've been feeling a bit lost lately. Not necessarily my identity because those who know me well are very aware of my identity. Amzie posted a picture of a 40's pinup holding a placard...."Not your Bitch." Her caption was, "I may be A bitch, but I am certainly not YOUR bitch." Perfect caption as far as I am concerned.


So back to being lost. I have lost my verve. My zest. My cachow. I be, and hope, the 80 ways to create great experiences is my new card game.


My card today reads, "When it's time to do dishes, turn the lights down, light a candle, put on my comfiest slippers and play my favorite music." Yay! I get to go out and buy slippers!


Oh, by the way, I found the bed sheets at Home Goods.

No comments:

Post a Comment