Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Fart, fart, baby....dun dun dun dun dun dun dun...fart, fart, baby...



Always trying to motivate myself to eat right and exercise. The eating right isn't too difficult as long as I avoid flour, sugar, pasta, bread, rice, noodles, and basically follow the "if it's white, don't bite" philosophy. So add no potato, potato chips, french fries, or loaded baked potatoes. I can feel the bloat just watching all that good comfort food pass through my mind. Oh, how I love fettuccine alfredo, bread with butter, and cake. Now, I am not a crazy anti-carb freak but I know how it makes me feel so I avoid it as much as I can. As long as I can control the inner cookie monster most days are good. I challenged myself with keeping my calories under 1200 a day. So far it's not to hard if I stick to veggies, fruit, and lean meats. One other thing I had challenged myself with deals with portion control. I try to eat only half of what I take at dinner time. sometimes I serve myself on a small dessert plate. It works ok. I splurged and bought a 90 day shake meal replacement thing/system and though it's tasty and great for the morning, I had a hard time sticking to the two shakes a day. There just wasn't enough calories in the day to keep me from binge eating at night when I got home. Protein shakes in the morning for breakfast has actually been a diet staple for the past year. So that was a gimme but anything more than that was a failure.  

New challenge!!!

I used to exercise a lot. I used to have the time to exercise a lot. My rants lately revolve around my lack of me time and lack of exercise. I had a membership to a huge gym. Was totally inconvenient and I hated the scene. I looked into a place called 9rounds. It's a circuit exercise joint that honestly felt like a cave where you do interval training while wearing boxing gloves. I used to exercise at a circuit place before and loved it but their hours of operation are not convenient to my current schedule. The only thing I really want to do is tone and regain lost flexibility. The added benefit of losing some inches aren't being overlooked and is obviously welcome. I love Pilates and yoga. Used to do it quite a bit. Most of the studios in the area aren't open late enough and well, again the inconvenience. I am the type of person that has to go somewhere to exercise. I am also a loner when I exercise. I don't want to talk to anyone. I don't want anyone to "spot" me. I just want to go in, do my thing, then leave. Ugh! I just want to find a place that has classes beginning between 7:30 and 8:00 in the evening and have the potential for decent classes on Saturdays. 

Ask and you shall receive!

I rejoined Groupon and happened across a fantastic deal for a yoga/Pilates studio in my neighborhood. Sweet! This place has hot yoga, yin yoga, pilates, ballet fusion, kick boxing fusion, spinning, zumba, and a crap load of other boot camp type classes. My challenge is to take, at the very least, two classes a week in various exercise disciplines until I reach the prepaid 20 classes. The lady that runs the studio says if I decide to stay I get some kind of discount for re-upping my membership. One step at a time, Lola. Most importantly, one day at a time. Of course you know this meant a trip to Target. I got a yoga mat and carryall to use. All zen like non-chemical and stuff. If I like it and decide to try the hot yoga I will go back to buy the towel and block. It's odd but I am kind of excited. I am looking forward to stretching my muscles and watching my fat cry in desperation to leave my body. Yeah I worry about farting in class, or worse, not being able to stifle the laugh when someone else does it. 




No comments:

Post a Comment