Thursday, August 30, 2012

Holy schnikes...it's been a while...



I am in the weeds.

Two courses this term in grad school. Work. Changing my eating habits. Again. Homework, papers, and discussion boards - oh my! Work. School. Kid in college. Husband. Eating right. I need to throw in some exercise somewhere but where? Everyday it's the same thing. I get up, go to work, come home to take care of the boys, then sit up until midnight or so doing school work. 

I have very little time for self indulgences therefore the '80 ways' card game has been suspended. I have other things I'd rather focus on then looking up my childhood address on Google earth, my first crush on Facebook, or  conducting a genealogy study. I get an average of six hours sleep during school nights because, quite frankly, I want to have half a life on the weekend. It's not too much to ask, right? That I can participate in adult social activities like date night and wine drinking? Seriously. Every night of my life while school is in session is consumed with school. Throwing my day job hours Monday to Friday is just a nuisance but the size of the paycheck makes up for the inconvenience. It pays for the wine and dine when time allows. Oh! It just occurred to me it's a three day weekend! Oh yeah! Uh huh! Get to sleep in three mornings in a row! Of course that means I am downstairs for coffee by 7:30am and nose to computer looking at school stuff by 8. I dunno...that dang internal clock crap kills me sometimes. I will say this. When I am in school, I save money. I don't have time to think about items to invent for the short shopping list until it's an item I actually need. Like toothpaste or shampoo. And the long list...God forbid the AC and fridge are 13 years old. Not to mention my beloved stove. And the dryer. 

I have developed an intolerance for people that just can't act right. If you don't like me that is fine. Doesn't mean you are excused from acting right. This very pleasant woman passed through the same door today that I was attempting to enter and didn't have the courtesy to hold it open. Come on, you stupid cow. Be a decent human being and have some common courtesy to others whether you like them or not. Acting like a honey boo boo child is just plain idiocy.

You are not even a peasant in this story because I am the Queen of Everything and it's good to be Queen. 







No comments:

Post a Comment