Tuesday, May 13, 2014

Beer, beer, the magical fruit. Work rant. And come fly with me...

I like to drink beer. Not as much as I enjoy drinking wine of course. Beer is cool, refreshing, and sometimes tastes like manna. I picked up a 12 pack of Sam Adams summer variety the other day. I've had the regular old Boston lager, the summer lager, the Belgian session, and now the Blueberry Hill lager. No. I didn't partake all of them tonight. I only had two-well, I'm on my second now. Drinking on school nights is not a regular part of my schedule but I've faced some challenges this week so far. I'm feeling entitled to kick back and enjoy my brew. Or two. Beer has been brewed for it's intoxicating affect since 4000 years BC (or BCE for our non-Christian folks y'all) from a bread like pulp. The Germans later introduced hops. My favorite types of beer are either the unfiltered cloudy wheat beers that are normally sweet and fruity or the hoppy variety that is basically the complete opposite of a wheat beer. Hoppy beer, or ale, provide a bitter bite which is quite an acquired taste. I was of the Miller Lite and Coors Light school for many, many years. Why? It is reasonably priced and always available. By gosh it is refreshing on a hot summer day too. My point to this ramble...I like beer!

The work I do is normally satisfying and rewarding. I enjoy it most days but occasionally I speak with someone that really doesn't deserve my time or gray matter. How many ways can you tell someone no? No you cannot have your way. No you cannot make your own rules. No you cannot continue to be an ass for no other reason than to just be one. Once in a while I get that genius sucking asshole on the phone and feel the life being sucked out of me like the asthmatic girl in that horrible movie Nightmare on Elm Street. That's when uber bitch mode switches on. I hate having to use uber bitch. She comes out then I can't get rid of her. I become overly nice and condescending to the point you think I'm actually giving in to your stupid, unwarranted demands. Uh, no. You do what I tell you to do or you get nothing! LOL!

Rant over! It's killing my slight beer buzz...

I have to say, this year so far has been a challenge. I've had some minor fiscal ups and downs and nothing seems to come easy with regard to the needs of my son. Most days I'm good. Most. But c'mon? For example, how many people do you know had their identity stolen three years ago and NOW all of a sudden can't file a tax return electronically like a normal person? Sheesh! You coulda told me that three months ago IRS when you accepted my electronic return!! Anyway, there is one thing so far this year that has been steady and true and the most joyful experience of my life. The easiest part of my life has been my darling, handsome, incredibly awesome, Huck. This man can bring me back from the darkest places with his smile and the twinkle in his eyes! Seriously. Just a minute with him and that soothing sexy radio DJ voice changes my mood instantly. I bask! I'm basking now! I may pop. Everyday my heart skips a beat with his smile and touch. Everyday I feel butterflies. When he kisses me I fly over the moon. This man loves me and I can't be any luckier!

Last summer I had the most ridiculous hair disaster any girl should ever have to suffer through. I've since gotten a handle on the situation and now am opting for a shade very close to my natural color. I had been using the same shade for a while then switched. Opted for something a little lighter with a little reddish tone to it. Yeah, I know. After that crazy orange hair bit I was afraid but it was ok. I've got a HUGE couple of weekends coming up and needed to get my hair did again. Nothing is more mortifying to an aging 40-something year old woman than seeing white hairs sprout from her noggin. My son gave his input on a new shade and it's, well, dark. Just a slight level darker than my natural hair but dark. I've been called Joan Jett, Goth, Black Stallion, and WIB (I just learned what this meant a bit ago). Here's what I say to that...








No comments:

Post a Comment