Tuesday, May 27, 2014

It's been a week...one that requires a beer. Or three.

I always make my bed in the morning, I've done this since I was a teen. Mainly because the lady told me I had to but I liked crawling in to a made bed at the end of the day anyway. For some unknown reason I recently got away from that practice for a short while. I don't know the reason why. Laziness maybe. Maybe I just stopped caring about how wonderful it feels to get in to a made bed. I had a string of bad weeks during this unmade bed phase of my life so I started making my bed in the mornings again.  What a blessed difference!

I also always believed that how we begin our day is how our day proceeds and ends. If we start our day in chaos, an unmade bed for instance, it sets the tone for the rest of the day. Starting the day off with an organized state of mind correlates to a happier disposition and less negative energy.  Making my bed every morning sets my day up for positive, organized energy. I'm a minimalist as well. In some aspects. I have the bare minimum of kitchen gadgets and appliances. My living areas are tidy and everything has a place and there is a place for everything. Very little clutter. Now, part of the excess in my life (the clutter) is found in my bathroom. I can open my very own Bath & Body Works store. And mail. I'm not very good at checking my mail. And when I do check my mail I don't open anything. Well, rarely. Most of my mail can be found in various piles and stacks on multiple surfaces of the house. The dining room table. The desk. Coffee table. Kitchen bar. Pick it.

So I'v e had a week. Life has been an emotional challenge the past eight days. I've been sad, scared, anxious, sad, heartsick, glum, depressed, sad.... mostly sad. I've cried so much this past week and am near tears now just dwelling on the events surrounding this life upset. The events that bring this sadness is extremely personal and not something I will discuss openly. Not from shame but rather the need for some level of privacy. It's a very tough thing to speak about, a family matter, and not really a tale that's mine to tell though I'm immersed in the drama.

And no, it isn't Huck. He remains a constant wonderful reminder that love bears all things, believes all things, hopes all things, endures all things.  Love never fails. I know he's worried he wasn't there for me as much as he could have been the last half of the week but I felt mostly fine with his expected absence. I had one brief moment of crazy but I was able to redirect my feelings. Besides, I had Lulu to bring me back from the brink that time.  She was exactly what I needed that moment.

One thing I realize that has changed about me is I'm not the demanding, needy, pain in the ass I used to be. I still surprise myself by how much I've grown in this relationship. Huck doesn't have to be at my side every waking moment to tell me he loves me and cares for me. I know he does. He's amazing that way. I have no doubts about him. Not a one. Though someday, when we decide to cohabitate, his being right by me every waking moment will not be a terrible thing.  Not on your life!

Today's reminder...don't sweat the small stuff.

No comments:

Post a Comment