Friday, July 25, 2014

I don't know why, but...

I'm butt ass tired. I love to travel. I love to visit new places. I love experiencing life as a local in a strange city. I'm in Chicago for the first time in my life and there is so much great architecture. I'm in a great hotel on the water and the view couldn't be more amazing. I have a view of the water and that makes me happy. I love the water. Just to see it. To be near it. To be on it. I may have been a pirate in a past life. Aside from some great meals (and drinks, can't forget the drinks) with my great co-workers and boss-men I've been exploring on my own. I'm in awe of the architecture and the hustle of the city. Seeing such beautiful buildings makes my life so much more complete. I made my way to the Hersey store this morning and lost my mind completely. I'm not kidding y'all. $100 in chocolate. I can't explain what happened to me!

My flight here was delayed, delayed some more, and delayed again so they put me on a different flight. The flight I was originally supposed to be on ended up leaving Ft. Lauderdale 30 minutes before the flight I was switched to. Gee, thanks Southwest. The flight was uneventful but I swear the pilot wanted to make sure the tires stuck to the runway on landing. We hit so hard I think my left kidney is still lodged in my lungs. I had the opportunity to sit next to a "dead-head" once many years ago. He explained pilots who land that hard are normally retired naval pilots used to landing on aircraft carriers. Ok, I can see that but he may have been trying to feed me a line, too.

It's Friday night and I'm so tired I'm wired. I miss my doggies. I miss my Huck and can't wait to spend time with him. I miss my own bed and pillows. I don't pack enough clothes. Actually, I packed plenty but not a large variety. I guess every trip that has a bonus has a not so bonus. I have a long busy day ahead of me tomorrow. I'm excited to be here to work. It's an amazing experience and love that I've met so many of our great students. Even had some pictures made! Also ran in to some wonderful people I don't get to work with everyday. All in all I think this trip is turning out quite nice. Can't wait for some real free time to really explore!

And I have the most humongous, painful zit on my face. I thought by my age this would be over. I noticed as I get older the zits I get take on a life of their own. Why did this friggin' thing end up by my nose? Why hasn't it erupted yet? Why does it hurt so much? I think I've had more zits as an adult than I did as a teenager. I always had clear skin growing up. What the eff? Oh. And my dear, lovely work-friend noticed I was having a hot flash today. She says, "seems you are beginning to experience your own personal summers." Well that's one way to put it. She could have easily said, "Bitch you are getting old." Gah!

I need to turn it all off. G'night!


No comments:

Post a Comment