Tuesday, July 15, 2014

Lust and heavy breathers...

The biggest trip of my life was also the best trip of my life. It's amazing how compatible Huck and I are, even while traveling. It was relaxing and stress free. We share many of the same travel philosophies. One  being we like having a plan but we are ok going with whatever pops up. I enjoy doing as the locals do, such as visiting their watering holes and eating at their favorite restaurants. I think he likes doing that too. I also like going off the beaten path. Adventure is everywhere and it doesn't always require a parachute or bungee cord. Sometimes a good pair of sneakers (even thought I hate wearing sneakers) helps you beat the best path in places you've never visited. Ultimately, our time together was easy, full of love, and greatly cherished. It's a magical thing being loved by such an incredible man. 

LMAO! Ok...so a couple things come to mind that made me laugh out loud just now. We stayed at this gorgeous inn nestled in a darling little town our second night. We arrived to town early and checked in early but hit the trails right off. I was wearing my sneakers. You know. The ones I decided on after trying on a hundred thousand pairs? Yeah, those sneakers. As you've all gathered  from previous writings, I hate my feet confined in shoes. I wore these buggers all day. All day. I mean from morning to evening all day. Anywho. It was nearing dinner time and I was ready for a shower. We hadn't yet seen our room and I was anxious to get my dang shoes off. We found our way upstairs to our - whoa! Amazing room! The inn was a surprise to begin with and walking in to our room took my breath away. My first thought? Huck is getting lucky tonight! While taking in the amenities of our room we find the bathroom is outfitted with a spa bath. Hot diggity! 

I took off my shoes finally and did this funny little shuffle. What? It felt so good to feel the carpet under my naked feet! Um, forgot I had an audience though. He actually tipped his head at me like a puzzled puppy. I was mortified! The other thing that makes me laugh? The spa bath. I could not figure out how to turn the dang shower on. I had to come out and ask my very understanding man to do it for me. What took me 15 minutes of fiddling around took him less then 30 seconds to figure it out. Oh goodness. Still shaking my head over that one. So now I had to wait 30 minutes for the tub to fill. I decided it was time to give my man man a shoulder massage. It was the first time he let me do that (seriously...never met anyone so ticklish he flinches when I lightly touch his back let alone rub a shoulder) but I was drunk with the smell of his cologne and Hawkins...

My dogs are strange.

Well, maybe not so strange but I've not had other dogs that do some of the things they do. Sunshine is afraid of thunder. She flinches and flees when she hears thunder rolling. If this happens in the middle of the night she's immediately in the bed with me. It's not a normal, I feel safe to be close my mistress and snuggle, normal. It's more of a, I'm panicking so I'll stand over my mistress and pant my hot breath on her face, strangeness. If I'm not home she will occasionally manage to shut herself in my closet, bathroom, or bedroom because she is trying to hide behind doors. Sunshine likes to, what I call, "scrub" her nails on the carpet in various corners. I am not sure why she does this. I always thought it was to "make her bed" but sometimes she goes at it hard then leaves the spot disgusted. She also does this nail scrubbing in the closet or by my bed when she's frisky and has shit on the brain (running around like a nut job trying to rile Annie or just up to normal shenanigans).  She also rubs against the walls or the side of my bed or the couch on occasion. This activity is usually the precursor to shit on the brain. 

Annie did something the other day I see regular but Huck caught for the first time. While I was in the bathroom she decided it was an appropriate time to start erasing the bedroom carpet. With her bum. Shit ball knew I couldn't see her to yell at her to stop so took advantage. Ok, so most of us dog folk know why our fur babies scoot their butts on the carpet, grass, wherever. It's not the strangest thing Annie does but I was tickled by the fact Huck never saw a dog do what she did, well, not in full action before his eyes anyway. Annie has severe allergies of pretty much everything. She is constantly itchy. She is constantly scratching. She is constantly rolling around trying to rub spots she can't reach. Annie's ears have been in sad shape since I adopted her and for relief she will rub her head at all sides on the carpet, tile floor, grass (which she is allergic too).  While she does this head rubbing she is normally on her back and you can see her trying to bend in such a way so her hind leg comes close to her ear. Then she starts air scratching. Her hind paw curls and she begins to kick in short rapid strokes like she's reached the sweet spot but is only getting air. Then she moans in ecstasy. Sometimes she does this air scratching while she's upright and walking.









No comments:

Post a Comment