Thursday, August 7, 2014

Like a girl.

Bugs don't bother me. Well, let's clarify. It doesn't bother me to see a bug. I grab the Raid and let it do the dirty work for me. But if said bug is skittering my way quickly I am a bit bothered by that. I have two dogs with food containers and treat jars. I have a garage. The property behind the townhouse I live in is swampy and we've had a lot of rain. Though I clean my place on a regular basis I see an occasional bug. Ok, roach. As I normally am this time of the evening, I'm parked on the couch. I moved one of the large accent pillows to prop a leg up and saw movement in my peripheral. Gah! Darn roach is running towards me! So what do I do? I throw the pillow towards the TV, get tangled up in my squishy blanket while I try to shove the coffee table back violently, try to stand up, knock over my full Tervis of water, and...squealed like a girl while jumping up and down in one place like a lunatic.  This all happened in about three seconds before I finally managed to gather my senses and wits. Go get the Raid dip shit! I chased the freakin' thing across the den, under the desk, and up the wall with deadly nerve spray. It's upside down now and legs are twitching. All the while the dogs are looking at me like I've lost my mind. I need to flush it before one of the girls tries to eat it. Yeah, that's happened too. 

I wonder something. Why do banks bother offering apps for smartphones if components of the app don't work? I use my bank app for three things; check my balance, transfer funds, and pay bills. My bank finally added the mobile deposit function. Being able to deposit a check with a simple picture is the greatest thing!  I tried the mobile deposit function today and received error messages. The picture wasn't clear or the numbers didn't match then I finally exceeded my allotment of mobile deposit attempts. What a pain in the butt. I thought mobile banking was supposed to make banking more convenient? 

Late night TV has changed. In the background there is a show on called Way Out West. It's about two families with adjoining properties  working together to keep their ranches running. How is it the Hatfield and McCoy families get to make a TV show about nothing? Are there really that many people out there that want to know about a ranching family helping another ranching family cut trees along the adjoining property lines? I have to admit the side story about the girlfriend of one hillbilly trying to break a wild horse is pretty amazing. I realize the horse has been worked with for days and possibly weeks before she actually saddles him the first time but it's still amazing. Especially when the guy trying to break the horse was almost thrown the "day" before. 

I still haven't gotten my chocolate cake. Had to make do with a couple Hershey macadamia kisses. These little gems are part of the mind losing stint at the Hershey store in Chicago the weekend before last. That really was a fun trip but I am glad to be back in the swing of things at home. Though I love traveling and experiencing new places afar I really enjoy weekends at home spending time with my Huck, too. Nothing like a stay-cation with the most incredible man in the history of ever!

Oh! Pawn Stars is on! Chum is such a dumbass. 

Night y'all! 

No comments:

Post a Comment