Sunday, June 17, 2012

Dreams, shopping, and dining out...

For me, dreams are our minds way of processing data that we have gained during the day. It is my minds way of interpreting things that I didn't pick up in a wakeful state or things that bother me and I don't know how to deal. The past few nights I have been dreaming about dogs. Dogs in dreams symbolize intuition, loyalty, happiness, protection, and fidelity. One interpreter on the net says to use the words associated with the dog to help you understand what your dream is trying to tell you. Part of last nights dream featured one of my own dogs. Sunshine turned up next to me for a dose of affection but the fur on her back was sparse and the skin looked a little flaky and red. A typical presentation of allergic dermatitis. In my dream, the thing that struck me as odd was that it was Sunshine suffering this affliction and not Annie. Annie is allergic to everything and has had patches on her before that have looked like this patch on Sunshine. So what might my intuition be trying to tell me I wonder? One conversation during the day that may be related had to deal with diet and my eating habits. I lost a great deal of weight last year and have slowly put about 20 pounds back on. I have reverted to old eating habits and want to embrace the newly learned eating habits again but am too lazy. Eating right and making better choices is a lot of work. I am going to take it as my subconsciousness screaming at me to stop eating the bad stuff because it is making me look horrible like that ugly patch on Sunshine's back. I do not want to look like a yucky patch of skin.

 
  
I love shopping. I invent, in my mind, all kinds of things that I must have. Shopping has become a sport and I latch on to the thrill of going form store to store trying to find the item I have decided I cannot live with out. Be it a pair of shoes or handbag, I hunt and hunt until I find my prize. 


Things that I actually need I put on the long list. Right now I need a new toaster oven. Toaster ovens are not fun and I cannot wear it to work or out to dinner. That is why it ends up on the long list. Our fancy TV remote has been busted for about six months. Well, the remote itself works but the touch screen doesn't making it very hard for anyone but one of us to use. Forget trying to explain the where the sweet spot on the screen of the remote is to turn on the TV. I fixed this by adding a cable box to the guest room. Unfortunately my father-in-law manages to screw that one up too. LOL! I guess I better add this remote to the short list since he is coming in Wednesday, huh?



Dining out, to me, is a convenience. I get to eat great food that someone else has prepared and I don't have to clean up after. I had lunch with Lulu before our adventure at the theater. We went to see a matinee of La Cage aux Folles at the Broward Center starring George Hamilton. The show was great and the show girls made you want to get up and dance.


After some shopping at the Galleria we parted ways and I went home to the boys. It had been some time since I ate so I was hungry. I was denied my chicken wings on Friday night in for hot Italian subs at Pasquale's so I insisted we get my chicken wings last night. And we did. Service was average and the food was great! I got my chicken wings and didn't have to clean up. Bonus!

Today we are off to the mall, the movies, and Bed Bath and Beyond. I need to get a dang toaster oven. Maybe pick up a remote while we are out. Nah. I would rather buy shoes.













 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment