Thursday, June 14, 2012

The ladies room, bathroom habits, annoying voices, and whatever else comes to mind tonight...

I walked into the ladies room at work today to be greeted by the smell of poop. There was obviously a lady in the restroom that has never heard the phrase, "courtesy flush." You know it is the right thing to do when using a public toilet. Right? It's mortifying enough to have to make #2 while you are at work. But isn't it more mortifying to make others aware you have to make #2 at work because you don't have the courtesy to flush away that stench? I would rather others know I am dropping a load, because I keep flushing and sparing them the opportunity to catch a whiff of last nights meal on exit, than let them take the smell on. Oh, and if you hover to pee...clean it from the seat. Otherwise this forces us to abandon the one stall rule because we don't want to wipe up someone else's piss. And if you are pooping and not a courtesy flusher that means we have to take your stench full force...or run for the hills! It is very unlikely you will catch anything form the seat of a public toilet. And if it's your own pee, why aren't you cleaning it up? Why leave it for the next lady to find?


My darling husband questions the courtesy flush and it's validity. I don't doubt it's usefulness one bit.


Here's an article about toilet seat cooties: http://www.webmd.com/balance/features/what-can-you-catch-in-restrooms?pagenumber=2


You know you are comfortable with your friends when you can talk about your bathroom habits. Petal and I end up, rather frequently, sharing stories about bathroom horrors and instances of desperation. Remember to double bag first! She claims Freud would say we were stuck in the anal phase. I think my issue began at the age of one when my mother prematurely potty trained me. Seriously. My young experience boils down to the fact if I don't have a clean working toilet behind a locked door it's not happening. No camping in the great wilderness, no deep sea fishing unless there is a working head....I probably just gave you all way too much information haven't I?


So we have all heard voices that make us cringe. There is one lady with a voice that could find you in your grave. It is nasally, whiny, and got louder when there were extraneous noises in the vicinity. The environment I work in makes it hard to avoid. I thought for a very long time that it was the worst voice ever. Though I haven't heard it in some time I think she's met her match. This other lady's voice is horrible in another way. She is fake, condescending, and just not friendly. She has an obvious Latin accent but when she turns on the "charm" it sounds more like Asian. Not sure why that is but I can't help hearing everything she says...the proximity makes it easy. 


So I am on the SLOOH Space Camera website trying to figure out where the live feed is for this humongous asteroid. The LZ1 is about 1600 feet across and the still photos make it look like a white dot with bright lines around it. Not even sure if it's the asteroid. Probably a planet. Well that was anti-climatic. 

No comments:

Post a Comment