Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Work rant, fourth grader palate's, Publix while hungry, and Pillsbury...

Work is work. I work to live not live to work. Most days don't normally get to me. I go in, do my job, then go home. At the end of the day we were given yet another report to manage tracking our progress with the students we make contact with. Business is slow this time of year but not typical of our department. I was brought in with 10 other newbies and we are all feeling a bit deflated. We were expecting to be so busy that our performance would be stellar to say the least. Not the case. The rant is just that I am already working in two reports to get my job done...now we have to do one more? What busy work will they invent next? A side note...a cell mate made known to my direct supervisor that she witnesses I bust my butt all day. That was nice of her but I think he already knows this. Why? I go in, do my job, go home.

My dear friend, Petal has a fourth graders palate. She loves beef-a-roni, mac n' cheese, and any other kind of fourth grader comfort food. Oh she's adventurous also but when the going gets tough she reverts. It was a long day for her today too. So she randomly announces that she is making biscuits and bacon for sammy's and will pour honey or slather strawberry jam on the rest. This is her supper tonight. I immediately began dreaming about sausage gravy and buttermilk biscuits. Guess where I stopped on the way home?

The Publix most convenient to me on the way home is the "old people" one. I have a 4 Publix within one mile of my home. We affectionately refer to them by demographic. We have "old people" Publix, "spanish land" Publix, "caribbean" Publix, and the "new one you can never find your way out of" Publix. Ok, so "old people" Publix is named as such because it neighbors the Wynmoore community of residents that are at least an average of 75 years old. I try in vain each time to get through the store with out falling victim to nattering of some sort but not typical. Anywho, as I went in search for the items I needed to make sausage gravy and biscuits I stopped in the bakery. A cake and apple cheese danish went into the cart. So this prompted the need for ice cream. Add the hot fudge. Hmmm...Frank said he wanted some frozen pizza so I ended up with about half a dozen varieties. Geez! Never shop hungry!

Pillsbury biscuits in the can are convenient and tasty. I read the directions and peel the paper off. Very, very, very gingerly. I absolutely hate the can popping in my hand. I don't know why but this absolutely wigs me out. Totally. So as soon as I finished ripping the paper off as slowly and gently as I can...POP! Dangit.

Dinner is done and I am famished!

No comments:

Post a Comment