Monday, June 11, 2012

Random things on my mind...

World of Beer at the Coconut Creek Promenade is, by far, one of the coolest places for new age yuppies of the beer drinking kind. I am typically considered a wino but once in a while I do enjoy a cold one. The WoB has a long list of what's on tap (and a book of what's bottled) providing a description with alcohol content to aid with decision making. In the beginning I went for the higher alcohol content beers from Belgium only to realize it was no longer my goal to get drunk as fast as I can. They are usually on the hoppy side to which I realize I don't like. The beers that appeal to me are on two different planes (very light or very dark) and depends on my mood at the time of consumption. I spent Saturday afternoon with my husband drinking at WoB. He went with his hoppy bitters while I opted for the lighter, highly carbonated, fruity beers. Beer burps were plenty. Next time I will have to take the time to remember the names of each brew I drink. 


The WoB doesn't serve food but they do have relationships with surrounding restaurants that will deliver right to you at the bar. I called to order grilled chicken nachos and flautas from Lime and the young lady asked me to look at the map to tell her where in the bar we sat.  Ok...I am a total retard when it comes to reading a map or schematic but she was able to find us in 40 minutes after a promised 15 minute delivery. Seriously, she only had to walk 100 feet! The flautas were yummy but the nachos sucked. Sucked so bad we stopped at the grocery to buy the ingredients to make one at home. Now those nachos were TASTY!


So after our drinking excursion and before our trip to the grocer we did manage to walk around the promenade for a while. Hubby bought me some totally gaudy costume rings and a straw handbag that may only be used twice this summer. We stumbled on a guitar center and passed a wine bar. Hmmm...wine....


Here's to ya, and from ya, and to ya again...

No comments:

Post a Comment