Wednesday, June 20, 2012

When rumors become reality. And a blurb about house guests.

Rumors have a way of evolving when it's passed from one ear to the next. It's like the game "telephone." The lead person whispers in the ear of the person next to her then that person whispers what's told to the next and so on. At some point the information gets mixed up or retold backwards or completely incorrect. The last person that hears the whisper typically gets a fraction of the original whisper. It's actually a fun game...an ice breaker. Not the case when rumors start at work that involve layoffs or some kind of reorganization. The truth gets muddled and becomes gnarly this three headed beast. For the past several months rumors at work have been circulating about layoffs. Everyone speculated about who and what departments and when the ax will drop. Well it dropped today. We had a layoff of 200 people. It was mixed between two departments and management was included in this round. Of the three or four minimizing stints in the past year I felt this one most. 


Why? Petal is gone. These dbags took my Petal! Now, we've always talked about contingency plans and how it would go down. I never thought it would happen this soon. Petal is taking off for home by months end. I totally understand why. There really isn't a tie to this area of the continent and home has been calling to her for some time. We will gorge ourselves on brunch buffet one last time before you hit the road, my friend. Eggs Benedict will have no shelter that day. 


OMG! You're leaving in just two weeks!!! I do not want to say, "Fare-thee-well!" It will be more like, "Until we meet again." Either way, this sucks balls. Yes. Balls.


What is it one of our presidents once said about house guests? Guests, like fish, begin to smell after three days. Thank goodness they are only here one night! I'll have to say this new guest is great at sparing and he really brings something to the conversation. I am just happy this time I was not presented with yard sale items for trade of my garden or house hold knick knacks. It's like he's at a swap meet at my house...where he seriously feels it's ok to swap his stuff for my stuff. The giving of the shoes belonging to our dearly departed LJ were the icing on the cake last visit. But Petal? She can come down and visit any time for as long as she wants. I know the water and the Q will call you back for a spell soon enough.


I'm sad to lose Petal but am happy she is finally free to take a new path. 

























No comments:

Post a Comment