Monday, June 18, 2012

Just some nattering about nothing...

It was a relatively busy day at work today but this time of year is slow and I must remember to pace myself. If I don't pace myself the Monday hustle turns into the most excruciating boredom by Thursday. I try to hold back every week but Friday becomes a wasted day of me trying to keep myself under the radar. I am never successful. My back is to the aisle and I have no peripheral so my boss man is able to sneak up on me while I am reading a fashion article on Yahoo or just simply spacing out looking through the big plate glass window. Today I was using company resources (our internal communicator/Instant Messenger powered by AIM) to chatter with a work-mate about the movie Prometheus. I had a question about something that required a detailed explanation. Told him we could take a break and a second or two later I felt a presence behind me. I turned around giggling because I thought Haley decided to come over right then to tell me what I wanted to know...nope. As I was turning around giggling I said, "Well Haley, you didn't have to come right over." And boss man says, "Uh, yes I did. And Haley is much taller and better looking than me." OOPS! Busted again.


Making some Goulash for dinner. I have sampled some to test the flavors and I must say it is pretty darn yummy. Pat myself on the back for a job well done. It's one of the ultimate comfort foods. Not that I need comfort for anything right now. I was in the mood to cook and I wanted to make something that would last a couple days. I don't know what it is but every time I make Goulash it not only tastes different but it grows in quantity. Tonight I made enough for two army's. Bruce will get some for lunch tomorrow. He fed me some broccoli salad today. It had red onions and raisins in some white wine slaw sauce. It was very good...and about an hour later I was building up some gassy fumes. Yes, Mr. Padron. Girls fart too. I could hardly wait to get to my car after work to release the beast from my buttocks.


I bought these 24oz Tervis Tumblers yesterday. One is a pink and brown cheetah print and the other is of sweet pink butterflies. They come with a coordinating topper to keep the fluids from spilling. The boy got a Miami Dolphins one. The great thing about these tumblers is they have a lifetime warranty against leaking. I've owned these types of tumblers before and slowly lost them moving from one place to another.  Oh well. The tumbler keeps my drink ice cold for a long while so I will hold on to these for a spell.


So our short trip to Key West is set for next month. Booked a suite at La Concha. Never stayed there before and figured this time of year is the cheapest to go so what the hell. It's only money and we can't take it with us. I've always wanted to stay right on Duval in the heart of the action. I don't intend to puss out of the crawl this year but now at least I know if I do I don't have far to walk to a bed. Petal and her BFF are going to be in Key West the same weekend. This is going to be a fun weekend! Can't hardly wait to shop and eat and drink and walk and sweat and...eww sweat. Dang it's going to be scorching hot down there. Well, thankfully there will be a poolside bar. 


I'm off to get a second helping of Goulash. This shit is good.

No comments:

Post a Comment